Ravi Samraj, MD
Phone: (352) 294-5117
Fax: (352) 265-0443
Office: HD Building, Room HD-608
Dr. Samraj is an Assistant Professor in the Division of Pediatric Critical Care, beginning July of 2013. Dr. Samraj received his Doctorate of Medicine from Bangalore University, India (1999) and was accepted into the Pediatrics Residency program at MAHE University, Manipal, India which he completed in 2003. Dr. Samraj trained further in Pediatrics (MRCPCH) at NHS (National Health Service, United Kingdom) before moving to Driscoll Children’s Hospital, Corpus Christi, Texas to complete his Pediatric residency training (2010). Dr. Samraj trained in the Pediatric Critical Care Fellowship program at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio. Dr. Samraj’s clinical and research interests include Acute Lung Injury, Sepsis, and Simulation in medicine and Extra Corporeal Life Support (ECLS).
- Samraj RS, Zingarelli B, Wong HR. Role of biomarkers in sepsis care. Shock. 2013 Nov;40(5):358-65.
- Ravi Samraj, Rajit Basu. Applied Renal physiology. Pediatric Critical Care Medicine: Basic Science and Clinical Evidence, 2nd ed Derek S. Wheeler, Hector R. Wong, Thomas P. Shanley. In publication.
- Samraj RS, Stalets E. Pediatric Longitudinal Clivus Fracture: Survival with Minimal Morbidity. J of Intensive Care Medicine. August 2014.
- Samraj RS, Almond S. Giant Epignathus Tumor Associated with Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation : A case report and literature review. J of Clin Neonatol. August 2014.
- Samraj R, Rao PS. Concurrent transcatheter therapy of valvar aortic stenosis and patent ductus arteriosus. J Invasive Cardiol. 2011 Apr;23(4):E72-5.
- Shankar A, Samraj R, Aiyedun V, Janda M, Ramaiah S. General practitioners’ perceptions on pneumococcal vaccination for children in United Kingdom. Hum Vaccin. 2009 Mar;5(3):177-80. Epub 2009 Mar 30.