Phone: (352) 265-0462
Fax: (352) 265-0443
Office: PSB, Room 10-504
Maria Kerrigan is the Clinical Research Coordinator for The Department of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine. She has been involved in many high profile clinical trials at UF Health, including IRC 005, a major multi-center, phase III, plasma-based flu intervention study, and The PCORI Project, a nationwide, federally funded research endeavor to improve hospital-to-home management operations. Ms. Kerrigan also works as a Musician in Residence with UF Health’s prestigious Arts in Medicine Department, and focuses her AIM research activities on the utilization of the arts to improve patient health and well-being. In 2017, she served as a Co-Investigator on a project assessing the impact of Music on vital sign improvement and anxiety reduction in Emergency Medicine, funded by the National Endowment for the Arts. Her UF thesis work explores the epigenetic regulation of genes involved in CVD and the HPA axis pathway in response to clinical therapies, both arts-based and pharmacological.
Publications of Note
- Kerrigan, M., Claytor, M., Baker Chowdhury, M.A., Tyndall, J., Elie, M-C., & Sonke, J. (2017). Arts in Medicine: Innovations in Primary Care. Primary Care Innovations Conference; 2016. March 10; Gainesville, FL.
- Tyndall, J, Kerrigan, M, Baker Chowdhury, M.A., Elie, M.-C, Gul, S, Balakrishnan, M.P., & Sonke, Jill. (2017). 427 Music in Emergent Settings: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Annals of Emergency Medicine. 70. S167. 10.1016/j.annemergmed.2017.07.306.
- Kerrigan, M, Claytor, M, Sonke, J, Mullen, T, DeWitt, C, Kendall, R, Helgemo, M, Hedges, J, and J. Grigg, MD. Music in the Mobile Health Settings. 12th Annual Mobile Health Clinics Forum; 2016. September 17-20; Memphis, TN.
- Tyndall, J, Kerrigan, M, Baker Chowdhury, M.A., Elie, M.-C, Gul, S, Balakrishnan, M.P., & Sonke, Jill. (2017) Music in Emergenct Settings. A Randomized Controlled Trial. 17th Annual Conference of the American College of Emergency Physicians; 2017. Oct 29-Nov1; Washington, DC.
- Sonke, J, Pesata, V, Nakazibwe V, Ssenyonjo J, Lloyd, R, Espino D, Nieves M, & Khandakji, S, Hahn, P, & Kerrigan, M. (2017). The Arts and Health Communication in Uganda: A Light Under the Table. Health Communication. 0. 1-8. 10.1080/10410236.2016.1266743.