Phone: (352) 265-0462
Fax: (352) 265-0443
Office: PSB, Room 10-504
Maria Kerrigan is a Children’s Miracle Network grant recipient and currently serves as the Clinical Research Coordinator for The Department of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine. Trained in clinical research as a research associate in UF’s prestigious Emergency Medicine Department, Ms. Kerrigan’s current research interests focus on operationalizing music to improve patient care, identifying the genomic and epigenetic determinants of sepsis, and improving prognostication for pediatric traumatic brain injury. She has managed many high profile clinical trials at UF Health, including ABCPICU, a major multi-center, investigational trial aiming to improve transfusion protocols in critically ill children; PROSpect, an international endeavor seeking to enhance ventilation management and support protocols for children with severe acute respiratory distress; and PERSEVERE, an industry sponsored trial that seeks to elucidate genomic and blood based biomarkers that may assist in rapid detection of the acute phases of sepsis and septic shock. Ms. Kerrigan is also the founder and Program Director for The UF PACISI (PediAtric Critical Care Medicine Interdisciplinary Student InvestiGATORS) Program, a pre-health student centered mentorship program designed to empower innovation for the next generation of clinical trialists, implementing foundational practices to bolster the success of future clinical research applications. For more information about the PACISI Program, click here.
Publications of Note
- Samraj, R. S., Kerrigan, M., Mejia, M., Wilson, L., Fudge, J. C., Vyas, H. V., & Gupta, D. (2019). Thenar Muscle Oxygen Saturation Levels: A Surrogate for Central Venous Oxygen Saturation?. Clinical pediatrics, 0009922819832094.
- R., Lopez Colon, D., Kerrigan, M., Fricker, F., Bleiweis, M., Pietra, B., and Gupta, D. (2019)Thenar Muscle Oxygen Saturation using Vascular Occlusion Test: A Novel Technique to Study Microcirculatory Abnormalities in Pediatric Heart Failure Patients Pediatric Cardiology (In Press)
- Kerrigan, M, McGetrick, M, Walker, I, Walker, D, and Munoz-Pareja, J. Music for Delirium Management in the Pediatric Critical Care Unit. ICHP Pediatrics Research Day; 2019. February 7th; University of Florida, College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL.
- Kerrigan, M., Claytor, M., Baker Chowdhury, M.A., Tyndall, J., Elie, M-C., & Sonke, J. Arts in Medicine: Innovations in Primary Care. Primary Care Innovations Conference; 2016. March 10; Gainesville, FL.
- Tyndall, J, Kerrigan, M, Baker Chowdhury, M.A., Elie, M.-C, Gul, S, Balakrishnan, M.P., & Sonke, J. (2017). 427 Music in Emergent Settings: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Annals of Emergency Medicine. 70. S167. 10.1016/j.annemergmed.2017.07.306.
- Kerrigan, M, Claytor, M, Sonke, J, Mullen, T, DeWitt, C, Kendall, R, Helgemo, M, Hedges, J, and J. Grigg, MD. Music in the Mobile Health Settings. 12th Annual Mobile Health Clinics Forum; 2016. September 17-20; Memphis, TN.
- Tyndall, J, Kerrigan, M, Baker Chowdhury, M.A., Elie, M.-C, Gul, S, Balakrishnan, M.P., & Sonke, J. (2017) Music in Emergent Settings. A Randomized Controlled Trial. 17th Annual Conference of the American College of Emergency Physicians; 2017. Oct 29-Nov1; Washington, DC.
- Sonke, J, Pesata, V, Nakazibwe V, Ssenyonjo J, Lloyd, R, Espino D, Nieves M, & Khandakji, S, Hahn, P, & Kerrigan, M. (2017). The Arts and Health Communication in Uganda: A Light Under the Table. Health Communication. 0. 1-8. 10.1080/10410236.2016.1266743.
- Burdsall, K., Walker, I., Walker, D., Munoz-Pareja, J., and Kerrigan, M. Music for Delirium Management in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. (2018) UF Fall Undergraduate Research Symposium, Gainesville, FL
- Nekkanti, S., Novak, J., Kerrigan M., and Leonard, C. Nutritional practices, non-invasive ventilation, and effects on PICU outcomes. (2018) UF Fall Undergraduate Research Symposium, Gainesville, FL.
- Wing, E., Schwab, H., Kerrigan, M., and Munoz-Pareja, J. Effects of Progesterone in pre-pubescent females with Post Traumatic Brain Injury. (2018) UF Fall Undergraduate Research Symposium, Gainesville, FL.
- Childs, K., Ramakrishnan, A., Kerrigan M., and Munoz-Pareja, J. Identification of Biomarkers to Improve Prognostication of Pediatric Traumatic Brain Injury. (2018) UF Fall Undergraduate Research Symposium, Gainesville, FL.
- Wing, E., Schwab, H., Kerrigan, M., and Munoz-Pareja, J. Effects of Progesterone in pre-pubescent females with Post Traumatic Brain Injury. (2019) State of Florida Undergraduate Research Conference, Niceville, FL
- Walker I, Munoz-Pareja J, Walker A, and Kerrigan M, Music for Delirium Management in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). Abstract for American Public Health Association 2019 Annual Meeting and Expo. November 2nd to 6th 2019. Philadelphia, PA.