PediAtric Critical Care Medicine Interdisciplinary Student InvestiGATORs
This Undergraduate and Graduate Research Internship Program provides enrolled students at UF the training and opportunity to participate in clinical research at a level one trauma center and tertiary care PICU. Designed for students who are interested in pursuing future careers in medicine, The PACISI Program equips student interns with the knowledge, training, and experience needed to design and successfully execute projects aimed at advancing the current standard of care. PACISI Program Interns will support multiple PCCM research projects under the directorship of senior research mentors, and will also directly observe clinical patient care while spending time with residents, fellows, and attending physicians. Interns receiving research credit through their academic programs will participate in the above, while designing and working on their own projects under the supervision of a PCCM Research Mentor.
- PACISI Interns will attend all UF Health and HR required orientation and training sessions prior to beginning their research and clinical experiences in the PICU.
- New Interns are accepted into the program as space is made available on the team
- PACISI Interns will rotate through rounds with clinical staff
- PCCM Research Mentors will be assigned to PACISI Interns by the Program Director. As available, the Program Director will place students in their areas of interest. Projects may be clinical or translational.
- Students will attend monthly rounds and seminars to discuss various research topics, including Office of Clinical Research Tasks, IRB Brown Bag Lunches, Medical School Admissions Talks, medical student life events, continuing medical education series, and other COM events related to the fields of clinical research and healthcare.
- All PACISI Program Interns are expected to work with their mentors to submit research to the UF CURBS Research Symposium annually and are encouraged to seek additional opportunities, under the discretion of their PCCM Research Mentors.
- The Program is limited to enrolled UF, degree seeking or post baccalaureate students pursuing careers in healthcare or clinical research
- Applicants may not apply once they have graduated or applied for graduation, unless they are enrolled in a 4+1 program or are attending the UF Graduate School.
- Applying students must have a GPA of at least 3.5 and demonstrate commitment to medicine.
- Applicants must be sophomore level or greater, unless they have a history of extensive research activity in other arenas.
- Previous work in research is preferred but not required.
For consideration, the following items will be required to complete an application for The PACISI Program:
- One letter of recommendation
- Most recent unofficial transcript
- A brief personal statement highlighting qualifications for the program, why you are interested in the program, and how The PACISI Program can help you achieve your goals
- Your Curriculum Vitae
Email the above materials with subject heading “PACISI Program” to:
PACISI Program Director | PCCM Interdisciplinary Student InvestiGators
Department of Pediatrics | University of Florida | College of Medicine
T. 352.733.0265 |Box 100296 Gainesville, FL 32610-0296